空气, Water, Public Pool, Restaurant and Food Truck Complaints
在一般情况下, we are the enforcement agency responsible for investigating complaints related to general public health threats including restaurant, 快餐车, public swimming pool and air and water pollution concerns.
(If you think you're ill from eating at a restaurant in Galveston County, please see the Foodborne Illness section of this page.)
Use the form below to submit a complaint. If you prefer file a complaint over-the-phone, please call 409.938.2251 or 409.938.2411.
When it's not within our jurisdiction:
In some cases, we may not be the appropriate agency to assist you. Here are common complaints and the agencies that have jurisdiction:
- Pollution around an oil well: 德州 Railroad Commission - 877.228.5740
- Indoor air pollution: Local city government or the Department of 状态 Health 服务
- Litter, illegal trash or used oil dumping: Galveston County Nuisance Abatement - 409.766.4509
If you live in one of the following cities or counties and have an air pollution complaint, please contact the local office listed below.
- Houston: Bureau of Pollution Control and Prevention - 832.393.5730
- Harris County: Harris County Pollution Control 服务 Department - 713.920.2831
- Outside Galvston County: 德州 Commission on Environmental Quality -1.888.777.3186
If you think you're ill from eating at a restaurant in Galveston County, it's important you quickly 向GCHD流行病学报告. Prompt reporting gives our epidemiologists the best chance of determining the source. 当你打来电话, be prepared to offer information about your symptoms, 症状何时开始, where and what you recently ate and if you have seen a doctor.
- 工作时间内 周一至周五8点.m. – 5 p.m.
- 409.978.4041 – Donya Guyton, Epidemiologist
- 409.938.2215 – Belinda Hernandez, Epi Data Intake Specialist
- 409.938.2208 – Sharon Stonum, Epidemiology Manager
Do I have to provide my identity when I file a public health complaint?
所有投诉均属保密. Although anonymous reports are accepted, we request your contact information so that we may contact you if we need additional information to properly address your complaint. Also, if you do not leave your contact information, we will not be able to inform you of our actions.
What happens after I file a public health complaint with GCHD?
After we’ve received your complaint and any information or evidence you have, 以下是我们通常采取的步骤:
- An investigator will be in touch with you to discuss your complaint and any information or evidence you have.
- If you want to have further contact with your investigator, be sure to write down:
- 在大多数情况下, an on-site investigation will be done to see if any environmental regulations have been violated.
- If the investigation reveals a violation, we will take appropriate enforcement action to ensure that the violation is corrected. Actions could include issuing an order to correct the problem and assess a fine, or filing a lawsuit against the violator.
After I file a public health complaint, when should I expect to hear back from GCHD?
If the situation is an immediate threat to public health or the environment, we will respond within 24 hours of the complaint being received—usually much sooner.
Complaints that are not an immediate threat can take longer, but we take every complaint seriously and will investigate your concerns if it is within our jurisdiction.
What happens if I am not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint investigation?
与我们保持联系. If you have the problem again, call and let us know. We may need to re-investigate the situation.