Our TB Prevention and Control Program provides the following services:
- Complete evaluation, chest x-ray and treatment services for TB disease in Galveston County residents.
- Case management of TB cases and suspected cases, including those medically managed by other healthcare providers.
- Medication for 犯罪嫌疑人 or cases of TB through the Directly Observed Therapy (DOT) program
- Directly Observed Preventive Therapy (DOPT) for children and adults who are household contacts to TB 犯罪嫌疑人 or cases.
- The use of Video Directly Observed Therapy (VDOT) in which healthcare workers observe patients taking their TB medications remotely via a mobile device. VDOT allows for monitoring of medication via video without routine in-person visits form health care workers.
- Investigation of contacts and screening of high-risk populations.
- Consultation with state and nationally experts.
TB Reporting Guidelines:
All health professionals and designated reporting officers are required by law to report TB-related information. Note: The release of medical or epidemiological information to medical personnel, appropriate state agencies or county and district courts to comply with rules relating to the control and treatment of communicable diseases and health conditions is allowed under Texas Health & Safety Code Subtitle D. Prevention, Control, and 报告 of Disease, Chapter 81. Communicable Diseases, Subchapter A. General Provisions § 81.001. (Communicable Disease Prevention and Control Act. Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 678，§1，页. 9月. 1, 1989).
- What to report and when: All TB cases, 犯罪嫌疑人, and contacts of TB cases must be reported within one working day.
- Where to Report: Fax all TB forms, reports, and related information to our secure TB fax line, 409.938.2220.
- Diagnosing and Treating TB: Please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website for assistance in diagnosing and treating TB.
For further assistance, please contact TB Program Manager Kelly Kanon, BSN, RN at 409.938.2354.
If you would like our TB division to come to your health fairs or community event, please use 此请求表格.